Friday, May 14, 2010

Final Stage/ Presentation

Friday was the final stage, a 45k ride through some nice single track and 4-wheel drive trails. I started off at the back of the pack taking it easy preparing for a long day ahead of me. The first 28k's was nice and smooth and it was there that I gained the places that I did. It was an even mixture of up hills and downhills with some sand thrown in for good measure. I got to the drink station and was still feeling good so I did some stretches, refilled my water bottle, had something to eat and went on to complete the last leg of the track. The last section was good, once again with a real mixture of tracks. The most memorable part of this track was the crazy rocky downhill parts that there was towards the end. 5k's from the finish line I got a puncture but luckily three guys stopped for me, one gave me a tube, one gave me tyre leavers and the third gave me co2 cannisters. The "Three Wise Men". Completing the last course was really uplifting for me because I thought that I would not finish when I set out, so it realy made my day and my week. I went home and had lunch with the boys then got ready for presentation that night. We rocked up to the convention centre where everyone who participated and helped out that week was there having drinks and telling stories so we fitted right in doing our part. The evening progressed anfd we had a nice extra large dinner along with stories from the officials about happenings of the week. The presentation was wrapped up and we went and did several photo shoots for personal keepings and for other people. Overall the whole week was a fantastic experience and very worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment