Friday, May 14, 2010

Stage 5 - 23km TT

After a big day the day before i was still keen for this day, this sought of distance and course really suited the style of racing I've been doing over the summer and i was really happy about the hills not being to big. 23km is the sought of distance I've been racing over the national xc series and anything under an hour i really enjoy. With a few flat tyres on day two, i new my ranking would be lower than what it could be and therefore i had the opportunity to catch a few people. With 30 second increments between each rider, it was a great confidence boost to catch a good 5-10 people. Psssssss
down goes my tyre, devastating...
with some serious fiddling about, i was now at the back with all the fast boys. With about 10-15psi in my tyre i was taking it pretty easy on the tight corners, until the 2km of fire road appeared. I thought i better do something useful and paced Ben Henderson and Clarke Petrick home. disappointing to get a flat tyre on a stage i was well suited to, but theres still 2 stages to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment