Saturday, May 15, 2010

Greatest Challenges/Most Memorable Moments

My first greatest challenge was trying to get co2 cartridges to Alice Springs. Mission failed at Sydney Airport. . . My second challenge was completing the event. Mission again failed. After being dehydrated and a forced DNF for stage two i took it easy only to end up with 8 stitches in the right arm a day later. I achieved seeing more medics then course I think.
My most memorable moment was getting more contact numbers then kilometers travelled. I went further with the nurses the on the track.
My second memorable moment was the completion of stage 7. I thought that I would be unable to ride the last stage due to my arm but on the Friday morning I woke up and felt ready to ride. Coming across the finish line with my Dad on the other side was a fantastic feeling and I could easily say almost a lifechanging experience. It wasn't about my time, it was about getting out there and just doing it. I strongly suggest this race to any rider no matter what ride of life they come from!

No comments:

Post a Comment